Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Ventura and install Mojave on a new MacBook Pro Max M2?

Will removing macOS Ventura and installing Monterey on my new MacBook Pro Max M2 have an affect on my new laptop?

If downgrading to Monterey, are there specific instructions/step-by-step for beginners?

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 3:39 AM

Are we speaking of these machines in link below ?

MacBook Pro 14- and 16-inch - Tech Specs - Apple (CA)

It was released in 2023

That said, the Older Versions of macOS would not work on this machine as the OSes would not have the specialized elements in the OS for the specific machine

9 replies

Mar 14, 2023 8:59 AM in response to lkrupp

I had Monterey on my MacBook Pro M1 and it ran fine. Now that I'm using Ventura, many Apple apps are very slow to respond and screens freeze up...a lot. I have to do a Force Quit many times. I am using Safari. On another site, one reader said that Chrome was better with the new MacBooks for 2023. Not sure it that would help. I'm glad I got my answer to not downgrade! Thanks!

Mar 14, 2023 9:25 AM in response to rosefromsc

Please Clarify as original questions >> " Remove Ventura and install Mojave on a new MacBook Pro Max M2 "

Which is presumed to an accurate account of what computer is in question

In which case, if the machine is in fact M1 Apple Silicon >>

The link below will provide two Methods.

One for Intel Computers

The other is for M1 Apple Silicon Computer

https://www.howtoisolve.com/downgrade-macos-ventura-to-macos-monterey/

Remove Ventura and install Mojave on a new MacBook Pro Max M2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.