You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my MacBook Pro screen model and year?

Hi I have this MacBook Pro 13 screen. Could someone please tell me what model it belongs to and the year? Any help is appreciated!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 6:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 4:10 PM

Click and hold on the "Apple" symbol in the upper left corner.

Select "About This Mac" and release.

Then selecting the "Displays" tab will bive you some basic information.

For details about the machine - while the "Overview" tab is selected, click on "System Report" and anything most people could want to know will open in another window.

For detail about the display select "Hardware > Graphics/Displays" and the information will show up on the right.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2023 4:10 PM in response to ITtech207

Click and hold on the "Apple" symbol in the upper left corner.

Select "About This Mac" and release.

Then selecting the "Displays" tab will bive you some basic information.

For details about the machine - while the "Overview" tab is selected, click on "System Report" and anything most people could want to know will open in another window.

For detail about the display select "Hardware > Graphics/Displays" and the information will show up on the right.

Mar 14, 2023 4:27 PM in response to ITtech207

On the back cover of the laptop there is very small etched writing. Get an iPhone with a good camera or an android and look for the writing and blow it up when you locate it. The model will be something that always starts with an a A1466 and look for emc and four numbers like emc 2368. Look up both in google and you will find model year when.built specs and more!

How do I find my MacBook Pro screen model and year?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.