Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Part of iPad 6th generation not responding to touch

This part of my iPad 6 screen isn’t working. I just got it from my cousin. There is a crack.Should I just bring it in for

repair? I’ve already tried restarting it and turning on touch accommodations.

iPad (6th generation)

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 4:04 AM

A cracked screen will often have many issues - of which failed touch recognition is only one issue. The iPad screen is an active component - and not just a coverglass. To restore normal operation, the screen must be replaced.

You can either use Apple’s mail-in repair service - or arrange repairs via the Genius Bar at an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 4:04 AM in response to Aleclol

A cracked screen will often have many issues - of which failed touch recognition is only one issue. The iPad screen is an active component - and not just a coverglass. To restore normal operation, the screen must be replaced.

You can either use Apple’s mail-in repair service - or arrange repairs via the Genius Bar at an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Part of iPad 6th generation not responding to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.