Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign in to Messages with different email

I had to reset my Apple ID so now Messages changed to my new email so I can’t sent or receive any more. Can I go into Messages and reset my old phone number or email without causing other problems on my IPad or without using my Apple ID? If so how do I change it back to my old email? Thanks

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 6:11 AM

Messages and Facetime. Sign into a different Apple ID for these services in Settings. Note this has to be the same ID for both. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and make sure both your telephone number and Apple ID are input there and both show a checkmark. If you need more help, check out this link: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support .

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 6:11 AM in response to EMETH77

Messages and Facetime. Sign into a different Apple ID for these services in Settings. Note this has to be the same ID for both. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and make sure both your telephone number and Apple ID are input there and both show a checkmark. If you need more help, check out this link: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support .

Mar 19, 2023 9:37 AM in response to EMETH77

Thanks for the reply. I have not gotten back on this topic as I have made more of a mess of things in my Apply ID. The good news is I have an Apple ID set for my IPhone and IPad but they are different. The IPad will not allow me to sign in with the Apply ID that is on my IPhone. I would like to have them both the same. When I sign out on my Ipad then sign back in with the ID from my IPhone it says my email and password don’t match, but it works fine on my iPhone. Both IDs work on their own devices. I really need to have my old email back on my iPad or Messages does not work. The only other fix is to contact all my contacts so they can change the email on their end. Hope this all makes sense. Not sure what to do next as I am not excited about doing a reset on my IPAd and not sure that will help.

Sign in to Messages with different email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.