Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I block my iPad from accessing my Apple ID?

can i block one of my devices from accessing my apple id?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:41 AM

M_Celeste_M wrote:

My daughter has my Ipad at another location and someone has attempted to change my apple ID password. I have since found out that someone has hacked her FB Messenger. I don't know if they have access to my device as well.

First and foremost, an iPad (and iPhone) are single user devices - that should not be shared with others. This ensures that your personal information and sensitive data is not accessible to others.

If your AppleID account or credentials have been compromised, your first priority and most urgent priority is to secure your account:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Next, consider that any account passwords that you have saved on the device that is beyond your control may also have been compromised. Be especially mindful of financial (e.g. bank) passwords and account details.

If the iPad is not within your control, consider taking action as through the device was lost or stolen. Secure the device using Apple’s Find My services:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 10:41 AM in response to M_Celeste_M

M_Celeste_M wrote:

My daughter has my Ipad at another location and someone has attempted to change my apple ID password. I have since found out that someone has hacked her FB Messenger. I don't know if they have access to my device as well.

First and foremost, an iPad (and iPhone) are single user devices - that should not be shared with others. This ensures that your personal information and sensitive data is not accessible to others.

If your AppleID account or credentials have been compromised, your first priority and most urgent priority is to secure your account:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Next, consider that any account passwords that you have saved on the device that is beyond your control may also have been compromised. Be especially mindful of financial (e.g. bank) passwords and account details.

If the iPad is not within your control, consider taking action as through the device was lost or stolen. Secure the device using Apple’s Find My services:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Can I block my iPad from accessing my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.