Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I opened photos library on my mac and it doesn't have all my photos like the photos app does but now the photos app won’t open it only opens the new photo library

I opened photos library on my mac and it doesn't have all my photos like the photos app does but now the photos app won’t open it only opens the new photo library

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 11:47 AM

Try the following: Hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. Keep holding down ⌥ firmly, until the dialog to choose a library appears, then release the key. Look at the list of libraries shown in the dialog. If there are more than one library shown, select them all in turn to find the library with all your pictures.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 11:47 AM in response to imgonnakms

Try the following: Hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. Keep holding down ⌥ firmly, until the dialog to choose a library appears, then release the key. Look at the list of libraries shown in the dialog. If there are more than one library shown, select them all in turn to find the library with all your pictures.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.