Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share as docx on pages

Hello, how to share document on pages as docx. Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 11:54 AM

In Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Ventura (13), the Share menu and Send a Copy are not present. Instead… you choose File menu > Export > Word and save it. Then you right-click on that Word document in the Finder and select the Share… menu item.

7 replies

Mar 20, 2023 2:39 PM in response to VikingOSX

It is not saving it as a docx file; when I pull it up, there is no docx icon. I don't know what else to do. I have followed the instructions to the letter, and have been trying for the past hour with no success. Furthermore, since the update, the Share and Share a Copy features, which made it so easy to do, have been removed, making this a lot clunkier. I will have to buy a Word app in order to make it work. Monetizing what was once a feature included in the software is making this User feel Used.

Mar 20, 2023 4:24 PM in response to kd1773

Reboot your Mac.

All I can say is I have an M1, M2, and Intel Mac here all running Pages v12.2.1 in either Ventura or Monterey 12.6.3., and the Pages File menu > Export To > Word > Next > Save produces a Word .docx document consistently.

If you do not have Show icon preview selected in the Finder's Show View Options panel, then that Word .docx document will have a yellow Pages icon on it with DOCX beneath the icon image, otherwise it will be a white text icon with DOCX marked on it.

Pages never fails to export and save a very obvious Word document from the Export panel.

How to share as docx on pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.