Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sign-in on an Apple TV

Hi.

I can sign-in on edge browser with my apple id. I have 2 factor authentication and it sends a code to my phone (which is android)

I have now an apple tv but when I try to sign in with my apple id it says password in incorrect

I read somewhere that I should put the authentication code along with the password on the password field of the Apple TV sign in screen. But I don't have a way to generate a code to put it there in the way described above, so I tryed to sign in on the web, it sent me a code to my mobile phone and I put it on the Apple TV but it still didn't work

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 6:11 AM

Verify that your Apple ID is complete and validated. To get apps from the Apple TV App Store, users need to sign in with their Apple ID account that has all the needed user information, including name, DoB, country (+state), a validated email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method (for apps that have a purchase cost, or free apps that allow in-app purchases). Edit if needed.

Find apps in the Apple TV App Store - Apple Support

When signing in on devices where you weren’t signed in to before, users may be asked to for the verification code as part of two-factor authentication.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

There is likely a time limit for the duration between receiving the code, and entering the code. Don’t have it take too long.

Weren’t you asked to enter or create your Apple ID account during setup?

- Verify that you used to correct Apple ID account, especially in case you created more than one.

- Verify that you entered the password correctly with case-sensitivity in mind. E.g. 6bvRAecY is not the same as 6bvraecy.

I don't know the specific model …

That’s why I included two links that help you find out.

… Otherwise I can't install apps.

It should work. Not sure why it doesn’t in your case. Please make use of the complimentary support that goes with all new Apple devices, for priority support to help you get set up, during the first 90 days. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 6:11 AM in response to Ja1rt0m

Verify that your Apple ID is complete and validated. To get apps from the Apple TV App Store, users need to sign in with their Apple ID account that has all the needed user information, including name, DoB, country (+state), a validated email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method (for apps that have a purchase cost, or free apps that allow in-app purchases). Edit if needed.

Find apps in the Apple TV App Store - Apple Support

When signing in on devices where you weren’t signed in to before, users may be asked to for the verification code as part of two-factor authentication.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

There is likely a time limit for the duration between receiving the code, and entering the code. Don’t have it take too long.

Weren’t you asked to enter or create your Apple ID account during setup?

- Verify that you used to correct Apple ID account, especially in case you created more than one.

- Verify that you entered the password correctly with case-sensitivity in mind. E.g. 6bvRAecY is not the same as 6bvraecy.

I don't know the specific model …

That’s why I included two links that help you find out.

… Otherwise I can't install apps.

It should work. Not sure why it doesn’t in your case. Please make use of the complimentary support that goes with all new Apple devices, for priority support to help you get set up, during the first 90 days. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

Mar 15, 2023 3:51 AM in response to Ja1rt0m

I read somewhere that I should put the authentication code along with the password on the password field of the Apple TV sign in screen.

That is only for the legacy models Apple TV box, that didn’t have its software updated to ask for the verification code separately.

What is your model Apple TV?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

Mar 15, 2023 11:20 PM in response to Ja1rt0m

My model, turns out, is 2nd generation: A2169(64gb) with TVOS16.3.2

Thanks for that information. A fine model.

I don't know what to do

Please have the support staff guide you and assist you. They’ll want to help you get the most out of your Apple device. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Mar 15, 2023 7:26 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for answering

My model, turns out, is 2nd generation: A2169(64gb) with TVOS16.3.2

I don't know what to do because I input the password correctly (no doubt about it) and it says that its incorrect. No code is sent to my phone (android)

I can login on the web and it sends a code to my phone

If I input this code in the bo9x along with the password it doesn't work either

I put this same code on the web afterwards and it works...

How to sign-in on an Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.