Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I live in Canada -How do I use an education discount on purchasing a macbook pro

Is there a discount for teachers who buy a laptop for work? Thanks

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 7:11 AM

The Education Store at Apple Canada says

Save on a new Mac or iPad with Apple education pricing.

Available to current and newly accepted university students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff and homeschool teachers at all levels.

For further information use Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple (CA) to contact your local Apple Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 7:11 AM in response to aliceunicorn

The Education Store at Apple Canada says

Save on a new Mac or iPad with Apple education pricing.

Available to current and newly accepted university students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff and homeschool teachers at all levels.

For further information use Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple (CA) to contact your local Apple Store.

Mar 15, 2023 8:41 AM in response to aliceunicorn

NB>> there is no educational discount on AppleCare PLUS, and you should NOT consider it optional.

The MacBook Pro is a lightweight, portable computer that can run on batteries. Being portable, it can easily be subjected to multi-G forces daily, just by being moved about in a completely ordinary way. This is extremely stressful to electro-mechanical equipment. The display is made of glass, the the internals are very likely to die is water is spilled on the keyboard. 

Because of this, you should ALWAYS purchase the extended warranty coverage for such a portable device, regardless of whether you intend to move it about.

I live in Canada -How do I use an education discount on purchasing a macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.