Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upload files to iCloud drive?

I can't seem to upload files to my iCloud drive. Never tried to before, and nothing in it, but when I'm logged in to iCloud on my Mac, and I drag various files into the Drive window, nothing happens. "No items." Must be some trick.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 3:25 PM

What browser are you using on your Mac to access the iCloud website?

The drag and drop work for me on Safari and Firefox.

Also, where on iCloud.com are you trying to drag it to. In iCloud Drive, the Recents and Recently Deleted folders won't allow you to drag and drop anything to them, however Browse and Downloads and any folder with in them should.

You should get a green circle with a white plus sign on your mouse cursor when you drag a file onto a location it can be uploaded to.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 3:25 PM in response to Dannymac22

What browser are you using on your Mac to access the iCloud website?

The drag and drop work for me on Safari and Firefox.

Also, where on iCloud.com are you trying to drag it to. In iCloud Drive, the Recents and Recently Deleted folders won't allow you to drag and drop anything to them, however Browse and Downloads and any folder with in them should.

You should get a green circle with a white plus sign on your mouse cursor when you drag a file onto a location it can be uploaded to.

Mar 15, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Phil0124

I'm using Firefox, latest version. You just drop a file there, where it says to drop a file, and nothing happens. I guess I'm trying to drop to Recents. But my only choices seem to be Recents, Browse,and Recently Deleted. Um, looks like that's the answer. Need to upload in Browse. Boy, that sure wasn't obvious. Why don't they make it more self-evident where you can and cannot upload? To me "Browse" means looking at stuff, not uploading stuff.

Mar 15, 2023 3:39 PM in response to Dannymac22

Well, the theory is that you would upload things to a specific folder or location, and to get to said folder or location you would need to Browse the content of the iCloud Drive.

Recents would simply show any recent files that have been created or uploaded, but would not be a location itself to upload things to.

Anyway, glad you figured it out.

how to upload files to iCloud drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.