Accidentally login other’s iCloud account and log out

Few months ago, I logged into someone else's Apple ID in my iCloud settings because I wanted to download a few games and apps from an Asian App Store.

Because l am new to Apple, I didn't realize that I only needed to log in to the Apple Store. So, I logged into iCloud, and I can't remember if I enabled Find My at that time.

I didn't feel safe, so I logged out of the ID that was given to me (it wasn't my friend's, but rather someone they borrowed it from to download games). After I logged out of the ID, I logged back into mine. To be extra cautious, I disabled Find My after logging back in.

I am wondering if I am safe now. Can the person whose ID I used still erase or lock my device after l log out?

It has been a long time and I still feel very scared and regretful for using someone else's ID to download apps.

Thanks for all the answers.

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 12:13 PM

Hey Blueblue09,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! That's a great question. It's never recommended to share an Apple ID, so always be sure to use only your Apple ID. Take a look at the information under "Avoid sharing an Apple ID" for details on what happens when you do: Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

As long as they're no longer signed in to your device, they don't have access to erase it. Just in case, here's a bit more information about using Find My and how to set it. up: Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Take care!

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 12:13 PM in response to Blueblue09

Hey Blueblue09,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! That's a great question. It's never recommended to share an Apple ID, so always be sure to use only your Apple ID. Take a look at the information under "Avoid sharing an Apple ID" for details on what happens when you do: Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

As long as they're no longer signed in to your device, they don't have access to erase it. Just in case, here's a bit more information about using Find My and how to set it. up: Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Take care!

Apr 25, 2023 6:00 AM in response to Blueblue09

Hi Blueblue09,

That's a great question. Your iCloud email wouldn't be synced with your friends iCloud email as you each use your own separate Apple ID for iCloud. You would have to choose to import messages as outlined here: Import existing email messages to your custom iCloud Mail address on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1. "On iCloud.com, click the App Launcher button in the toolbar, then click Custom Email Domain.
  2. Select a domain name, scroll down, then click the “Import mail” button (or click the Add button next to Import Mail to import messages from an additional address).
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to sign in to your previous mail account.
  4. It may take some time to import all your messages. They appear in an iCloud Mail folder with the name of your email address. If you had your mail organized into multiple folders in your previous email account, those folders appear inside the new folder."

We hope this helps you.

Kind regards.

Apr 25, 2023 2:35 PM in response to Miche11e_P

Thank you for your kindly assistance!

That means after l logging out of my account, and then login his Apple ID on setting, even under the iCloud section, the iCloud mail sync is on, my mail will not automatically sync to his iCloud.

(Even if I log in to his Apple ID on my device and turn on mail syncing in the settings, my emails not be transferred/showed up to the Mail app on my device?)

Apr 25, 2023 2:46 PM in response to Blueblue09

Thanks for replying, Blueblue09, and that additional question. Emails are kept in separate accounts on the server, and the only way they would "mix" is if they are manually exported and imported into another account. If you have further questions, please contact Apple directly so they can assist you further: Get Support

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Accidentally login other’s iCloud account and log out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.