Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing in colour from I Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

I have a HP 5546 printer, I can print in colour from my I phone but have no option to print in colour on my I Mac

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 9:45 AM

Hi thank you for reply

my Dialog page is nothing like the one you show the only option is black draft or black on presets. Do not have printer features? Or any of the others shown below printer Features on your page

The difference I would think is with the Mac not HP Printer? What do you think?

Bill

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 9:45 AM in response to Flyfishermanbilly

Hi thank you for reply

my Dialog page is nothing like the one you show the only option is black draft or black on presets. Do not have printer features? Or any of the others shown below printer Features on your page

The difference I would think is with the Mac not HP Printer? What do you think?

Bill

Mar 17, 2023 7:11 AM in response to Flyfishermanbilly

Thanks for those suggestions. In teh event teh fix proved to be very easy. In the print options dialogue box I spotted that under 'Printers' there were actually two HP 5546. I have since been told that teh first is perhaps a temporary version available during start up, but teh second one was the full install. Once I deleted the first one, and therefore made the second one the default, printing in colour worked immediately! Thanks

Solved: Cannot get my new HP Envy 5546 to print in colour from my Ma... - HP Support Community - 6579186

Printing in colour from I Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.