Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my late 2014 iMac as a monitor for my Mac mini

Can I use my late 2014 27 inch iMac as a monitor for my m2 Mac mini

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 9:10 AM

Unfortunately, that setup is not supported by Apple. The iMac cannot be used as a monitor for any of the newest Macs and Target Display mode is no longer a feature of macOS, having been deprecated several years ago.

Please see: Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

Per the link above:

• Your target iMac (monitor) must be using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier. 

• In all cases the source Mac that you're connecting FROM must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS 10.15 Catalina or earlier installed.

However, you might consider a third-party solution, for example: Luna Display or Duet Display.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 9:10 AM in response to romeofromwilmington

Unfortunately, that setup is not supported by Apple. The iMac cannot be used as a monitor for any of the newest Macs and Target Display mode is no longer a feature of macOS, having been deprecated several years ago.

Please see: Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

Per the link above:

• Your target iMac (monitor) must be using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or earlier. 

• In all cases the source Mac that you're connecting FROM must have been introduced in 2019 or earlier and have macOS 10.15 Catalina or earlier installed.

However, you might consider a third-party solution, for example: Luna Display or Duet Display.

Can I use my late 2014 iMac as a monitor for my Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.