Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apply a .cer certificate Ventura 13.2.1

I need to apply a .cer certificate so that I can access a remote system. This is an easy task on a Windows PC, but this is the first time I have had to do it on my MBP (M2 chip).

Looking on the web it looked like all I had to do was drag the .cer file into the Keychain Access app. I tried that, but it didn't work. I also tried using the Import option from the menu. That didn't work either.

At the moment the file is in Downloads.

Do I need to store it somewhere else?

How can I do this?

TIA

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 3:20 AM

Hi.

I decided to approach Apple Support and they got me fixed. It doesn't like the .cer file as it is seemingly from an unknown developer (which, in effect, it is). I had to use Get Info on the file and change the parameter to always trust (can't remember exactly where I did that - the file itself or somewhere in Settings>Privacy).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 3:20 AM in response to Flybr1dge

Hi.

I decided to approach Apple Support and they got me fixed. It doesn't like the .cer file as it is seemingly from an unknown developer (which, in effect, it is). I had to use Get Info on the file and change the parameter to always trust (can't remember exactly where I did that - the file itself or somewhere in Settings>Privacy).

Mar 17, 2023 1:17 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Hi. I did as you suggested. There was no error message given - nothing happened when I drag from the Downloads folder to the app. I also double clicked the .cer and, although it looked like something was happening because I was asked to enter my password, nothing appeared in the app.

Just to be sure, I attempted to connect to the remote system, but it didn't work.

apply a .cer certificate Ventura 13.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.