Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo option greyed out on Reminders

The photo option is greyed out on Reminders. I can't find a solution. I have the latest update and don't see any photo permissions in settings for reminders.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 10:28 AM

On your main Reminder page, do you have an upgrade button next to your "My Lists"?

There was an update a while back that changed the format of the reminders saved to iCloud and your lists must be updated to use the Photo and Flag feature in the lists. If you don't have the "Upgrade" button next to your "My Lists", then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > your name on top > iCloud > Show All
  2. Scroll down to reminders and shut the switch off for a full 30 seconds. You will get a warning that the data will be deleted from the phone. I didn't lose any data, since it is stored in iCloud and not on the phone anyway.
  3. After 30 seconds turn the switch back on and return to Reminders. You should have the "Upgrade" button pop up next to your "My Lists".
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 10:28 AM in response to FinnGreta

On your main Reminder page, do you have an upgrade button next to your "My Lists"?

There was an update a while back that changed the format of the reminders saved to iCloud and your lists must be updated to use the Photo and Flag feature in the lists. If you don't have the "Upgrade" button next to your "My Lists", then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > your name on top > iCloud > Show All
  2. Scroll down to reminders and shut the switch off for a full 30 seconds. You will get a warning that the data will be deleted from the phone. I didn't lose any data, since it is stored in iCloud and not on the phone anyway.
  3. After 30 seconds turn the switch back on and return to Reminders. You should have the "Upgrade" button pop up next to your "My Lists".

Photo option greyed out on Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.