Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my photos from my Ipad to my PC. They are stored in Apple photos

How can i get my photos transferred from my Ipad to my PC. They are stored in the cloud.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 11:04 AM

Pilchuck wrote:

I cannot get my photos from my Ipad to my PC.

Why not? what happens when you try?

How can i get my photos transferred from my Ipad to my PC. They are stored in the cloud.

If they are in iCloud, you can use iCloud for Windows (on Windows PCs) or log into iCloud.com to download them from there.

Alternatively you can connect your iPad to your computer directly, and use the Microsoft Photos App to transfer the photos from your iPad to the Photos app. click here ➜ https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/import-photos-and-videos-from-an-iphone-to-pc-2e4e4db4-4c3d-041c-b88f-3ee4358dd95e

It refers to an iPhone, but the steps apply to an iPad as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 11:04 AM in response to Pilchuck

Pilchuck wrote:

I cannot get my photos from my Ipad to my PC.

Why not? what happens when you try?

If they are in iCloud, you can use iCloud for Windows (on Windows PCs) or log into iCloud.com to download them from there.

Alternatively you can connect your iPad to your computer directly, and use the Microsoft Photos App to transfer the photos from your iPad to the Photos app. click here ➜ https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/import-photos-and-videos-from-an-iphone-to-pc-2e4e4db4-4c3d-041c-b88f-3ee4358dd95e

It refers to an iPhone, but the steps apply to an iPad as well.

Mar 16, 2023 11:52 AM in response to Pilchuck

I typically use Image Capture on my Mac. That allows me to copy over anything in the Camera Roll.

I'm trying it out now. You can connect it to a PC and there should be a box to give you the opportunity to "trust" the computer. Once it's trusted, you should get options. I see:

• Import photo and videos (to OneDrive)
  • Import Photos and Videos (to Photos)
  • Open device to view files (with File Explorer)
  • Take no action

I like doing it manually, and when I select File Explorer, I see it as This PC > Apple iPad. Then it comes up as Internal Storage > DCIM and then there are individual folders for each month.

Connect iPad and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

I cannot get my photos from my Ipad to my PC. They are stored in Apple photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.