Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I copy a full text message stream out to a PDF or TXT document. I need it to support a customer complaint with my car

How can I copy an entire text message stream out to a PDF or TXT document from my iphone 7 or my icloud?

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 4:29 PM

It is not possible to make PDF out of conversations directly from iOS, via the Messages app. You can take screenshots of the conversations from your iPhone, and insert the screenshots in a document

You can see how to take screenshots here:

Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Alternatively, you can mark the messages in a conversation and select Forward. The marked text will be collected in the message field, where you can copy it into e.g. Pages and choose to save the document as a PDF.

If you have a Mac:

If you use a Mac and are signed in to the same Apple ID as on your iPhone, and you can see your messages, you can create PDF of your conversations directly from the Messages app.

Open the Messages app, select a conversation, select File in the top menu, and select Print, and choose to save as PDF.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 4:29 PM in response to PBR_wife

It is not possible to make PDF out of conversations directly from iOS, via the Messages app. You can take screenshots of the conversations from your iPhone, and insert the screenshots in a document

You can see how to take screenshots here:

Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Alternatively, you can mark the messages in a conversation and select Forward. The marked text will be collected in the message field, where you can copy it into e.g. Pages and choose to save the document as a PDF.

If you have a Mac:

If you use a Mac and are signed in to the same Apple ID as on your iPhone, and you can see your messages, you can create PDF of your conversations directly from the Messages app.

Open the Messages app, select a conversation, select File in the top menu, and select Print, and choose to save as PDF.

How can I copy a full text message stream out to a PDF or TXT document. I need it to support a customer complaint with my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.