Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 stuck at Settings ==> General ==> iPhone Storage

My iPhone says 62.3GB of 64GB are full.

I've already spent several hours poking around deleting stuff, and now I'd like to get to the screen that shows how much storage is left and lists the apps from biggest to smallest, so I can make quicker progress on this project.

Here's a screenshot from the web of where I'd like to be:

Unfortunately, I can't get there. My iPhone gets stuck here:

It spins and spins and spins. I've tried shutting it down, but that hasn't helped.

Any suggestions about getting around this?

Thanks.

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 3:09 PM

Well, sberman, I was hesitant to try this, but after trying everything else I could think of, I took your advice.

And, by the end of a difficult and hair-raising day — it worked!

I still don't understand why it worked. Would you be willing to provide a few details about how it worked?

Thank you, again.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 3:09 PM in response to sberman

Well, sberman, I was hesitant to try this, but after trying everything else I could think of, I took your advice.

And, by the end of a difficult and hair-raising day — it worked!

I still don't understand why it worked. Would you be willing to provide a few details about how it worked?

Thank you, again.

Mar 17, 2023 2:34 AM in response to sberman

I’ve freed up 10GB but still get stuck spinning when I try to go to <Settings ==> General ==> iPhone Storage>. The phone works, so I’ll just carry on for now. Perhaps I’ll try to get try to get to <Settings ==> General ==> iPhone Storage> again in a few days. But as long as the phone is working, I see no reason to erase and restore. Thank you again.

Mar 17, 2023 12:10 PM in response to sfrench

sfrench wrote:

You, I imagine, can understand my reluctance to erase and restore my iPhone

Actually, no, I don’t understand this. Assuming you have a reliable and reasonably current backup, and the backup was done at a time the iPhone was using considerably less storage, I believe this is your best course of action.

If you don’t meet these criteria, then I do understand.

iPhone 8 stuck at Settings ==> General ==> iPhone Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.