Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I create movie trailer from iMovie can I post in to Facebook?

If i create movie trailer from iMovie can I post in to Facebook? Is there any copyright issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:20 AM

Copyright laws are a bit of a briar patch, so you would need to consult with legal counsel about your specific rights. Also, you can visit Apple's legal website at the following link:

Legal - Contact Us - Apple

This is not a legal opinion, but there might be a copyright or license issue if one uses the song in an iMovie trailer/project and then publishes it on social media or the internet. Arguably that could take it beyond the personal use restriction in the iMovie license. Also, if one receives monetary benefit from use of an iTunes song, that could constitute prohibited "commercial use".

There may or may not be much risk in publishing an iMovie trailer on Instagram, but that would be your call and you would do so at your own risk. I would think that if there is a copyright issue that the Instagram website would flag it and simply pull it down.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 9:20 AM in response to Sblau

Copyright laws are a bit of a briar patch, so you would need to consult with legal counsel about your specific rights. Also, you can visit Apple's legal website at the following link:

Legal - Contact Us - Apple

This is not a legal opinion, but there might be a copyright or license issue if one uses the song in an iMovie trailer/project and then publishes it on social media or the internet. Arguably that could take it beyond the personal use restriction in the iMovie license. Also, if one receives monetary benefit from use of an iTunes song, that could constitute prohibited "commercial use".

There may or may not be much risk in publishing an iMovie trailer on Instagram, but that would be your call and you would do so at your own risk. I would think that if there is a copyright issue that the Instagram website would flag it and simply pull it down.

-- Rich

If I create movie trailer from iMovie can I post in to Facebook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.