Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac does not start up with the current hard disk. I am able to see the question mark folder icon only.

My iMac does not start up with the current hard disk. I am able to see the question mark folder icon only.

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:42 AM

Your Mac has lost the ability to find/open an operating system. Either you have done something to cause this or your hard disk is failing. Most likely you will need to reinstall the operating system. Try a restart in the Internet Recovery Mode. Press the Shift + Option + Command + R keys on restart.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 9:42 AM in response to yscilla

Your Mac has lost the ability to find/open an operating system. Either you have done something to cause this or your hard disk is failing. Most likely you will need to reinstall the operating system. Try a restart in the Internet Recovery Mode. Press the Shift + Option + Command + R keys on restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.