Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing from ipad

Hi everyone

I am trying to print a jpeg that’s 15x15cm big from my iPad. Unfortunatelly, the iPad always resizes the image to fit to the media size. So for example, if I choose A4 as Media size, it makes my image bigger. If I choose a smaller media size like envelope, it makes my image smaller.

I would like to print my image on a A4 paper and keep it the size of 15x15 cm.

When printing from my laptop, there’s a button I can unklick that sais “scale to fit media”. This would of course solve my problem, but from the iPad I have only limited options to configure the printer like media size, tray and paper quality, but no button saying scale to fit media.

I have a brother printer that’s connected to the same network as my iPad. I already downloaded the brother app iScan, but inside the app there is no option to change that scale to fit media nuisance…..

Can anyone help me please? It’s driving me mad!

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 10:04 AM

Your available print options will be determined principally by your AirPrint printer’s capabilities.

Each AirPrint printer will “advertise” its presence - and the print options that it supports. Each printer manufacturer and printer model may have different capabilities. What you can see as available print options are almost entirely controlled by the printer, not iPadOS.

Older versions of iOS/iPadOS are even more limited in the available print options - and regardless of a recent printer model’s capabilities, may only show a limited set of scaling and other options.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 10:04 AM in response to Serafina1311

Your available print options will be determined principally by your AirPrint printer’s capabilities.

Each AirPrint printer will “advertise” its presence - and the print options that it supports. Each printer manufacturer and printer model may have different capabilities. What you can see as available print options are almost entirely controlled by the printer, not iPadOS.

Older versions of iOS/iPadOS are even more limited in the available print options - and regardless of a recent printer model’s capabilities, may only show a limited set of scaling and other options.

Printing from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.