Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake Security Alerts appearing on desktop-Monterey

I'm sure these are fake, as I have received several a day for a few days now. A momentary alert with an image of the MAC Security icon pops up for about 3 seconds, asking me to click, then disappears. I was quick enough to be able to screenshot one, and I have attached it. I need not say I don't have any Bank Of America accounts, but will, in the event you will ask me to check my account- so dont.

How to stop this, or get to the root of the mater?

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:02 AM

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below that as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Al_Chance

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below that as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

Fake Security Alerts appearing on desktop-Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.