Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download iPhone Wallpaper

I have lost the original photo that I have set as my iPhone wallpaper. I have used backups to transfer the photo to new phones, but would like to be able to download the photo to my library. My new phone is giving me the option to customize current wallpaper and there is an "see in photo library" but that just takes me to the most recent picture in Photos.

The wallpaper transfers to new phones through backups, so is there a way I can download from an icloud or computer backup? Is there another way to save the photo?

Thank you

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 10:44 AM

Hi Jaym_8

The photo was in the photos app on an old iPhone when it was initially set as my wallpaper. I do not know what happened to the original photo. I have photos syncing through icloud, and have checked the photos app, and iPhoto on my computer, but it is not in either applications.

The wallpaper has been transferred from old phones to my current phone by restoring from icloud backups. My new iphone gave me the option to "Show in photo library" when customizing the wallpaper, but that link only takes me to the most recent photo in the photos app.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Jaym_8

Hi Jaym_8

The photo was in the photos app on an old iPhone when it was initially set as my wallpaper. I do not know what happened to the original photo. I have photos syncing through icloud, and have checked the photos app, and iPhoto on my computer, but it is not in either applications.

The wallpaper has been transferred from old phones to my current phone by restoring from icloud backups. My new iphone gave me the option to "Show in photo library" when customizing the wallpaper, but that link only takes me to the most recent photo in the photos app.

Mar 19, 2023 2:46 PM in response to SchroedBS

Hello SchroedBS,

If you have a custom picture set as your wallpaper, it would've come from your Photos app. There is no way to "save" a photo from a wallpaper since the photo would've already needed to be saved to the device in Photos to be able to use it as a wallpaper.

If you're trying to find the picture, you'll need to look through the Photos app.

View photos in the Photos app on iPhone

Cheers!

Download iPhone Wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.