Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn OFF authntication on iphone6 ?

How to turn OFF authntication on iphone 6 & 7.

I have never lost my phone from Nokia to present iphone. Same for never being stolen from since before the turn of the century.

The phone is useless if I have pound more numbers into it every time I want to check on anything. Makes me want to get Android.

I appreciate anything you can suggest.

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 1:58 PM

I don’t know what you mean by “auth[e]ntication”.

I will guess you mean your iPhone passcode.

If so, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (perhaps it was called something slightly different under iOS 12 which was current four years ago) > Turn Passcode Off.

If instead you’re referring to two-factor authentication, that cannot be turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 1:58 PM in response to Grace123mke

I don’t know what you mean by “auth[e]ntication”.

I will guess you mean your iPhone passcode.

If so, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (perhaps it was called something slightly different under iOS 12 which was current four years ago) > Turn Passcode Off.

If instead you’re referring to two-factor authentication, that cannot be turned off.

How to turn OFF authntication on iphone6 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.