Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse Lag in Mac OS Monterey

So I upgraded my MBP late 2015 to Monterey. First I just upgraded and all worked fine expect from an overheating issue. I decided to wipe the disk and do a fresh install. Overheating issue is gone but now I'm facing another issue. The apple Magic Mouse 2 are lagging.

After what I've read it seems like I'm not alone with this.

Any news about this issue/any ways to fix it?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 6:13 AM

This is a huge problem widely reported for Monterey - no fix that I have found yet. No official word from Apple either. It's bonkers to me that a problem so widely experienced hasn't been sorted out yet... happens to me often on my 2019 MacMini - usually with clients present while doing paid work. Super frustrating. Doesn't seem to matter what kind of mouse either - trackpad, trackball, usb wired, 2.4Ghz wireless or bluetooth.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2023 6:13 AM in response to electrax

This is a huge problem widely reported for Monterey - no fix that I have found yet. No official word from Apple either. It's bonkers to me that a problem so widely experienced hasn't been sorted out yet... happens to me often on my 2019 MacMini - usually with clients present while doing paid work. Super frustrating. Doesn't seem to matter what kind of mouse either - trackpad, trackball, usb wired, 2.4Ghz wireless or bluetooth.

Mar 18, 2023 9:23 AM in response to thehipcola15

Yep, it seems like many user’s experience this issue and it’s wierd that Apple hasn’t fixed it yet.

I’ve tried everything…smc and pram reset, safe boot etc.

An interesting thing is that this issue didn’t exist for me when I just upgraded to Monterey over Mojave. But when I did a clean install (formatted hard drive) it started. 🤔

Sometimes the trackpad and usb mouse is affected too but for me the magic mouse seems to be affected all the time.

Wondering what the culprit might be. It’s unacceptable.

Mar 18, 2023 2:24 AM in response to electrax

Have been using the same Magic Mouse 2 from Apple since macOS 11 Big Sur to macOS 12 Monterey and now on macOS 13 Ventura

Am not experiencing an " lagging "

Suggest exploring System Preferences >> Mouse and adjust the " Tracking Speed "

Also, Check in Accessibilities >> Pointer Control and adjust some of those setting

Mouse Lag in Mac OS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.