Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit live stream not working with VPN on

Live stream from cameras never load when my VPN is on. Recordings work, though. This happens both on my iPhone 14 Pro and Mac Studio using SurfShark VPN. As soon as I pause my VPN connection, it all works.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 11:25 AM

Hello MaqueroSureño,

Based on what you're describing, it sounds like there may be a firewall or security setting via the VPN that is interfering with the necessary connection ports. So what we'd recommend is first confirming what your live streams need and then contact SurfShark for assistance. The following article outlines the ports needed for Apple software, but it will depend on what the cameras require.

TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 11:25 AM in response to MaqueroSureño

Hello MaqueroSureño,

Based on what you're describing, it sounds like there may be a firewall or security setting via the VPN that is interfering with the necessary connection ports. So what we'd recommend is first confirming what your live streams need and then contact SurfShark for assistance. The following article outlines the ports needed for Apple software, but it will depend on what the cameras require.

TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support

Take care!

Homekit live stream not working with VPN on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.