Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Monterey Installation

Well I'm on the verge of insanity. I have spent countless hours researching, reading blogs, going back to the same Apple Community questions over and over. I just want to reinstall macOS without any problems. I have wiped my hard drive, repaired the Fusion Drive, reinstalled Monterey at least four times in the last month. On every build I get errors, although it is installing the OS (I have checked and my Mac model 17,1 is compatible with Monterey). I installed using a USB bootable drive because the update kept getting stuck. Also my Fusion Drive isn't "fused" anymore, not sure why there are 8000 volumes.

Some of the errors:

During installation while viewing the log something like, "...allow scripts from external source must be set to true"

Mar 18 06:07:48 iMac mobileassetd[120]: SUPreferenceManager: Connection proxy failure with error:Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.softwareupdated was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.softwareupdated was invalidated: failed at lookup with error 3 - No such process.}

Mar 18 06:08:52 iMac opendirectoryd[59]: [session] ODNodeCreateWithNameAndOptions failed with result 2000

Mar 18 07:57:15 mucsnarbs-iMac Installer Progress[102]: Quitting because there are no phases. There are no connected processes. The UI is not showing.

I am in the process of downloading Etre-check and will include the report shortly. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

iMac 27″

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 5:44 AM

Based on your screen shot you have installed macOS on both the SSD and HDD portion of your Fusion drive which does appear split. You only erased the HDD.

See this article on how to repair a split Fusion drive. Be aware it will erase all data on the drives.

How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 18, 2023 6:00 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for the response, I "repaired" it before installing but obviously something went wrong....😂. Man this is crazy, I don't understand how such a thing is possible. Ok, I'm going to repair and reinstall again. One quick question though, do you know anything about "external scripts must be set to true"? That's pretty much the first thing that pops up in the installer log. I appreciate the info.

Mar 18, 2023 6:14 AM in response to mucsnarb

mucsnarb wrote:

Thanks for the response

You're welcome.

One quick question though, do you know anything about "external scripts must be set to true"? That's pretty much the first thing that pops up in the installer log. I appreciate the info.

No sorry. I only had to repair a Fusion Drive once and that was about 10 years ago.

Someone else may know and reply.

Mar 18, 2023 8:02 AM in response to dialabrain

I have had issues with it since the beginning. From what I've read, and experienced it's not a good setup. So you think my **** about to go kaput? I want a new computer but after all these headaches lately I don't know if I want to give $5000 to Apple. I've thought about Hackintosh or just running MacOS virtually. I don't really know anything about any of that though, other than what little I've read about it. Everything is a pain in the *** or stupid expensive.

Mac Monterey Installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.