Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change background of Apple+ TV homepage. (had to choose topic, but there's no Apple+TV topic)

(had to choose topic, but there's no Apple+TV topic)

I can't see the homepage descriptions; similarly on other pages.

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 1:48 PM

8 replies

Mar 21, 2023 8:01 AM in response to searchless1

Hey searchless1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you’re having trouble viewing items on your Apple TV app. We’d be happy to help out. If you need to change the appearance of the Apple TV app, you can do so using these steps:

1. Open Settings  on Apple TV.
2. Go to General > Appearance, then select Light, Dark, or Automatic.
3. When set to Automatic, the appearance shifts from Light during daytime hours to Dark during nighttime hours.
Home Screen shown in light mode

For more info on this, please review: Customize the Apple TV Home Screen - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Mar 21, 2023 8:31 PM in response to UTBadger

Hi

UTBadger

here:

i opened my ATV app on my computer and also here:

https://tv.apple.com/

i found no on either one

on https://tv.apple.com/ i clicked on my icon (top right)

where i found a settings option.

this is what was there:

Account Settings

Account Summary ....

Account Access ....

Play History ....

Subscriptions ....

there was no "General > Appearance, then select Light, Dark, or Automatic."

your more info link "For more info on this, please review: Customize the Apple TV Home Screen - Apple Support" only said the same as you posted.

Am i doing something wrong?

Mar 24, 2023 4:27 PM in response to searchless1

That’s ok I understand. I added the link for you to see how it works. It does change it for most apps and you can choose light, dark or auto. I can’t tell what you were using in the image you posted. My tv app with the dark applied does not have black text. If this was the chrome browser, then you can customize that within Chrome in what might be called “Themes”. Or try another browser like safari.

Below is a screenshot of the Apple TV App using Dark appearances. The text is not black and it’s easy to read. It looks the same on my safari browser. If I choose the light theme, it’s a white page with black text. Either way the text is contrasted against the chosen background, in the tv app or browser. which I hoped might be more suitable for you.

Mar 21, 2023 9:56 PM in response to searchless1

The instructions given were for the Apple TV set box.

When I go to tv.apple.com/ in the safari browser on my MacBook, my text is in white using the Dark Appearance. If I switch to light it’s the opposite. There’s also an Auto.

The settings for a computer are going to use appearance settings to change how it appears. This will depend on the computer you’re using and the OS it’s running. Also the browser you use.

For a Mac you will need to go into system preferences or the settings app - Appearances. I forget where this is in a Windows PC. What computer/OS and browser are you using?

how to change background of Apple+ TV homepage. (had to choose topic, but there's no Apple+TV topic)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.