Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods 2nd Gen

Hi All,

I need help. Can someone who has Airpods 2nd Gen brought from apple help me check & confirm these details of they're genuine. I bought mine from Amazon Apple Store but I'm confused. The charging case says Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in Vietnam but under the Lid it says Apple Japan. Are these the same for genuine. Thank you 😊

AirPods (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 3:59 AM

Apple manufactures in many locations around the world, and Amazon is well known for moving product between countries to meet demand. What any other user sees (even in your home street) is no certainty about what you should see.

There are a few easy checks you can make to help determine genuine AirPods.

(1) Do the AirPods pair and work as expected with your iPhone? Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

(2) Find the serial number (check the box and also in your iPhone's electronic detail) and put it into the coverage checker. Does the purchase date match at least approximately to allow for shipping delays, etc?

Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

If these stack up there is a very high probability your AirPods are genuine Apple products. The only absolute certainty would be to purchase AppleCare+ or arrange a Genius Bar appointment to get them examined (in hand) by Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 3:59 AM in response to JaneFindingAnswers

Apple manufactures in many locations around the world, and Amazon is well known for moving product between countries to meet demand. What any other user sees (even in your home street) is no certainty about what you should see.

There are a few easy checks you can make to help determine genuine AirPods.

(1) Do the AirPods pair and work as expected with your iPhone? Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

(2) Find the serial number (check the box and also in your iPhone's electronic detail) and put it into the coverage checker. Does the purchase date match at least approximately to allow for shipping delays, etc?

Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

If these stack up there is a very high probability your AirPods are genuine Apple products. The only absolute certainty would be to purchase AppleCare+ or arrange a Genius Bar appointment to get them examined (in hand) by Apple.

Airpods 2nd Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.