Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod for an iphone

Why cant I trade my ipod for an iphone? I took this question to apple support 2 or 3 yrs. ago and no one responded so, I'm taking this question to the community. This trade should've been done when the iPhone 12 was out I think.

iPod, 9

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 8:59 AM

According to the Apple Support Trade-In page, an iPod can only be submitted to Apple for recycling. It cannot be used for credit towards a new Apple device. We are just other Apple users here, trying to help other users with technical questions so we cannot guess as to why Apple made the decision it did. But I can guess it’s because Apple stopped making, selling and supporting iPods.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 8:59 AM in response to Terriapplefan117

According to the Apple Support Trade-In page, an iPod can only be submitted to Apple for recycling. It cannot be used for credit towards a new Apple device. We are just other Apple users here, trying to help other users with technical questions so we cannot guess as to why Apple made the decision it did. But I can guess it’s because Apple stopped making, selling and supporting iPods.

Ipod for an iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.