Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am missing photos from 2015-2019 from icloud. Can I recover them?

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 7:40 AM

Hi!

It depends how long ago they went missing. If it was 30 days or less ago, open photos, Click albums, and scroll to the Recently Deleted folder. If you’re running iOS 16+, you’ll need to use your Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode to open it. If they’re there, you can recover them by selecting them, and hitting recover. If they’re not in there, check the Hidden folder. Same process as above.

If you have no luck there, then your luck may be out. Sorry!

For the future, I’d recommend sending valuable memories in photos to yourself on a laptop or desktop, and saving them in a local folder as a backup.

I hope you find them!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 7:40 AM in response to nditter_84

Hi!

It depends how long ago they went missing. If it was 30 days or less ago, open photos, Click albums, and scroll to the Recently Deleted folder. If you’re running iOS 16+, you’ll need to use your Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode to open it. If they’re there, you can recover them by selecting them, and hitting recover. If they’re not in there, check the Hidden folder. Same process as above.

If you have no luck there, then your luck may be out. Sorry!

For the future, I’d recommend sending valuable memories in photos to yourself on a laptop or desktop, and saving them in a local folder as a backup.

I hope you find them!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.