Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see iCloud notes on my phone

Why can’t I see my iCloud notes on my iPhone? I see them on my iPad

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 12:37 PM

I appreciate your response…I had already tried all the steps you suggested…still no can see. I am able to see a file on my iPhone after I shared a file from my iPad…will I have share all the other files…doesn’t seem right

3 replies

Mar 21, 2023 11:38 AM in response to 2formore

Hey 2formore,

First, we'd recommend checking to ensure you're signed in with the same iCloud account on your iPhone that you're using for Notes. This article explains how: Sign in to iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

"Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name].
  2. If you don’t see [your name], tap “Sign in to your [device],” then enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Do one of the following:
  • iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or later: Tap iCloud, then turn on each app or feature you want to use. Tap Show All to see more apps.

The Settings screen with iCloud features turned on.

• iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or earlier: Tap iCloud, then turn on each app or feature you want to use."

We also recommend ensuring iCloud is enabled for Notes in Settings > Your Name > Notes.

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2023 2:54 PM in response to 2formore

Hello 2formore,

Next, try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue with your missing notes: If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you're missing notes, they might have been accidentally deleted, or you might need to change your settings.

First, update all of your devices to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS to make sure that the issue isn't related to previous software. Then try the following steps.

To make sure your Notes work is associated with an email account, find the email settings screen located at Settings > Mail > Accounts.

Check your account settings

If you store your notes with a third-party account or email service, like Gmail or Yahoo, check your settings:

1. In the Settings app, tap Mail.
  2. Tap Accounts, then tap the email account that you want to check.
  3. Make sure that Notes is on.

If you use Notes with more than one email account, just repeat the steps for each account. If your account is missing, learn how to add an email account to your device.

The recently deleted folder in Mail holds recently deleted notes for 30 days.

Check your Recently Deleted folder

If you store your notes on iCloud, check your Recently Deleted folder:

1. Open Notes, then tap the back icon Tap the arrow icon until you see your Folders list.
  2. Tap Recently Deleted and search for your note.

If you find your note in Recently Deleted or in another folder, you can move it:

1. In the Notes list, tap Edit.
  2. Select the note that you want to move.
  3. Tap Move, then select the folder you want to move it to.

If you use notes with another service, like Gmail or Yahoo, check the Trash folder of that account in the Mail app. If you delete a note from the Notes app, your third-party account will usually keep it in the Trash folder. To recover a note from the Trash folder, you need to copy and paste the note to a new note in the Notes app.

Using the search function in Notes

Use Search to find your notes 

1. Open Notes, then tap the back icon Tap the arrow icon until you see your list of notes.
  2. Tap the Search bar and type a word, phrase, or the title from the note that you're looking for.
  3. Make sure All Accounts is selected. Search will check all of your notes in each folder across your accounts, like an email account.

If you don't see the Search bar, you might need to scroll to find it. If you still can't find a note, you might have the note locked. Search will only see the title of locked notes, so you might need to check all of your locked notes to find the specific note that you're looking for.

Manually search for your notes

If Search doesn't show results, you might need to check a different folder and scroll down the list:

1. Open Notes, then tap the back icon Tap the arrow icon until you see your Folders list.
  2. If you have more than one folder, tap a different folder to see if your note is in there.

If you still can't find your note, it's possible that you're not using the correct word, phrase, or title from the note."

If your notes are still missing, please reach out to Apple directly for support in resolving this issue here: Official Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Cannot see iCloud notes on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.