Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I pair my watch with my iphone?

How do I pair my old Apple watch with my husband's iphone ? I just gave it to him because I just bought a new ipone and a new watch!

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 10:58 AM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2023 12:26 PM in response to Greewing

Hi Greewing,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with pairing your old Apple Watch with your husband's iPhone. We'd like to help you get that accomplished.

Have you completed steps to prepare your Apple Watch to be used by someone else? Check those steps out here:

Before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch
You need to turn off Activation Lock and remove your personal information from your device. Here's how:
Prompt to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock.
1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together. 
2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
3. Tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
4. Tap the information button  next to your watch's name.
5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch, then tap the Unpair button again to confirm.
6. Tap Remove Cellular Plan if you have a cellular Apple Watch model.*
7. Enter your Apple ID password to turn off Activation Lock. If you forgot your Apple ID password, you can reset it
8. Tap again to confirm. When you unpair, your iPhone will try to create a backup of your Apple Watch. If you get a new Apple Watch, you can use the backup to set it up.

* If your Apple Watch has cellular, remember to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription. Carrier fees might apply

For more information about that process, you can look at this link: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Once that is completed, you should be able to set up the Apple Watch with his iPhone

Turn on, pair, and set up your Apple Watch
1. Put your Apple Watch on your wrist. Adjust the band or choose a band size so your Apple Watch fits closely but comfortably on your wrist.

For information about changing the band on your Apple Watch, see Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands.
2. To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
3. Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue.

Or open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap Pair New Watch.
the Apple Watch app icon
4. Tap Set Up for Myself.
5. When prompted, position your iPhone so that your Apple Watch appears in the viewfinder in the Apple Watch app. This pairs the two devices.
6. Tap Set Up Apple Watch, then follow the instructions on your iPhone and Apple Watch to finish setup.

To learn more about your Apple Watch while it’s syncing, tap Get to Know Your Watch. You can learn what’s new, view Apple Watch tips, and read this user guide, right on your iPhone. After your Apple Watch is set up, you can find this information by opening the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tapping Discover.
An iPhone and Apple Watch, side by side. The iPhone screen shows “Apple Watch is Syncing.” The Apple Watch shows syncing progress.

If you have any trouble pairing, there are additional details on what to do here: Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Take care!

How do I pair my watch with my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.