Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn’t have sound notifications for messages and calls when I have my apple watch on.

iPhone doesn’t have sound notifications for messages and calls when I have my apple watch on.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 7:13 PM

If the screen is locked (off) when you are wearing Apple Watch, you should still get calls on your iPhone, but notifications for messages, will come to your watch, not to both. And that is by design.

To learn about notifications on Apple Watch, read this link --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 7:13 PM in response to DeeRae73

If the screen is locked (off) when you are wearing Apple Watch, you should still get calls on your iPhone, but notifications for messages, will come to your watch, not to both. And that is by design.

To learn about notifications on Apple Watch, read this link --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.