Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages deletes all content of my document! Why?

For a good friend I like to make some kind of "list" of books to recommend him. So I open each book -which are in pdf- with Preview, select and copy the coverpage and paste this in the Pages document. After a few pages I had to ad an extra page at the end of the document, but Pages inserts the new page before the last page. Why?

Then I wanted to delete the empty page but Pages warns : "Are you sure you want to delete all content from your document?"

I really do not understand or expect this behaviour..

Is there a more intuitive way how to create such a document with pdf (or images, for that matter)?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hans

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 10:19 AM

The default Pages word processing document format does not support deleting individual pages via thumbnail. You have to select all of the content on the page to be deleted and then hit backspace to remove it. The optional Pages Layout document format allows one to delete a thumbnail because every thumbnail is a single section and page.

Pages can accept PDFs as document objects, but only the first page is displayed/accessible.

Start a new Pages document. In the Template chooser, select Blank Layout template. Drag and drop the PDF's thumbnail image onto the first page. Then Insert > Page, and repeat with that next page, and so on. You will find this an easier workflow to pursue.

Having the following may also help: Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 10:19 AM in response to hanyvo

The default Pages word processing document format does not support deleting individual pages via thumbnail. You have to select all of the content on the page to be deleted and then hit backspace to remove it. The optional Pages Layout document format allows one to delete a thumbnail because every thumbnail is a single section and page.

Pages can accept PDFs as document objects, but only the first page is displayed/accessible.

Start a new Pages document. In the Template chooser, select Blank Layout template. Drag and drop the PDF's thumbnail image onto the first page. Then Insert > Page, and repeat with that next page, and so on. You will find this an easier workflow to pursue.

Having the following may also help: Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Pages deletes all content of my document! Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.