Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard layout Belgium: nummeric keyboard has a comma instead of dot ?

Hi,

I've just got my new Mac Mini M2 Pro installed. My keyboard layout is Belgian, but the numeric pad on the keyboard gives me a comma instead of a dot ? How can I change this ?

BR

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 7:42 AM

Spacekiek147c wrote:

Hi, My keyboard layout is Belgian, but the numeric pad on the keyboard gives me a comma instead of a dot ? How can I change this ?

You should get a dot if you use the Shift key. Does that work?

3 replies

Mar 20, 2023 7:11 AM in response to Spacekiek147c

You can choose how the number is formatted. All the apps that add the decimal and thousand separators will do it the way you instruct the machine to. On that menu you shared.

You can actually re-map some of your keyboard through your system settings under accessibility. You can also use apps like karabiner, to do a full remapping of it..

Also remember that you can choose between keyboard layouts, and switch on the fly, for that I also recommend a keyboard cover like the ones KB covers makes, if you require the visual cue.. I need one to start learning Dvorak layout!

Cheers

Keyboard layout Belgium: nummeric keyboard has a comma instead of dot ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.