Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16.3.1 Lock Screen

Can't change lock screen. It's ugly red - no longer showing my chosen lock screen wallpaper.

Also wonder if it has something to do with the stupid focus feature.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 10:21 AM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2023 4:47 PM in response to DesertHorses

Hi there DesertHorses,

It looks like you're using an iPhone 13 Pro. The latest version of iOS for your device is 16.3.1. To check to see if you're in need of an update do the following:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Tap on General.
    3. Tab About.
    4. Verify the Version number.

If the iOS version does not show as 16.3.1, you'll want to make a backup of your device and update the software. This will ensure that your device has all of the latest software features and enhancements. The update process can frequently address unexpected software behavior. Here's a guide to help: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If the issue remains, you may want to try to change the wallpaper on your Lock Screen or create a new Lock Screen to see if the issue remains when the Lock Screen is set to have a different photo as the wallpaper. This will help rule out if the issue is related to a specific photo or file type.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

If the issue remains after following these steps, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further support. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Contact - Official Apple Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

Mar 24, 2023 2:30 PM in response to genieen16

The problem has only started since 16.3.1 installed.

at first I though I was holding it wrong, but this morning it was broken by the overnight charging

Restarting only “fixes it” for a while. Then it happens again. Another restart and repeats. I’m sick of restarting, that’s a poor solution.

I’ve got multiple / alternate lock screen photos set , the first will fail but I can switch to the second. That hasn’t failed yet, but I don’t know if that’s just timing luck or not.

IOS 16.3.1 Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.