Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad setup using iPhone

I bought a new iPad Air 5th Gen. When I try to setup the iPad using my iPhone 13 it seems to transfer everything perfectly. But after the download is complete I suddenly get a message in Settings saying Restore in Progress. "An estimated 100 MB will be downloaded to finish restoring your apps and data." This download never completes even after several days. The iPad works fine, but I can't install any software updates until the "restore is complete" which never happens. I had the same issue with an older iPad 6th Gen I bought a few months ago. The download never completes. Obviously there is an issue here with the setup and not the devices themselves.

Just to note I've tried resetting the iPads and doing the setup again. Same results with both devices. I also spend an hour on chat with an Apple rep who had me redo all the solutions I had already tried, but he couldn't figure out the problem.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 11:30 AM

Presumably you are attempting to set-up using QuickStart.

If you are experiencing difficulties, try restoring from the iPhone’s iCloud or iTunes backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

4 replies

ipad setup using iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.