Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV from US

Hello team I plan to travel to India for a month or more for work and was planning to carry my US Apple TV. Outside of the adapter, will my content be accessible there or regional constraints?

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 12:39 PM

That will depend on the source of the content.

Things from the iTunes Store should be available for the most part as log as you keep your account set to your current country instead of India.

Apple TV+ content should be available normally.

Things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc... will be restricted to the locally available content as they use your IP geolocation to determine available content.

Other apps may require a local app version and your currently installed version may not work or issue an error. you will need to find this out on a case by case basis. Things like Paramount+, Disney+, Star+ (or Starz depending on your location) etc... may not work outside of the region they are meant for.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 12:39 PM in response to marked999

That will depend on the source of the content.

Things from the iTunes Store should be available for the most part as log as you keep your account set to your current country instead of India.

Apple TV+ content should be available normally.

Things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc... will be restricted to the locally available content as they use your IP geolocation to determine available content.

Other apps may require a local app version and your currently installed version may not work or issue an error. you will need to find this out on a case by case basis. Things like Paramount+, Disney+, Star+ (or Starz depending on your location) etc... may not work outside of the region they are meant for.

Apple TV from US

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.