Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can Apple blacklist my stolen iphone if I bought it from Apple Store?

Hi, I am in trouble. Please help. I need a proof of blacklisting for the insurance as my iphone was stolen recently. I bought my iphone at the Apple Store on Regent Street in London last year. And I have a SIM only monthly contract with my network provider Vodafone. Because I did not get my device from Vodafone, they are not able to black list my device. Vodafone sent a proof document that my SIM was barred and the document include the IMEI number of my stolen iphone and the mobile number.

My insurance company requires the proof of blacklisting.

My iphone is 'Lost Mode' in find my iphone, however I need a official document that Apple blacklist my stolen device.

I emailed Apple Regent Street Store, but they replied as follows;

Thank you for your email. 

The only document we can provide you with is the receipt at the time of purchase, and those details can not be amended after purchase. We do not black list phones in store, if your phone gets stolen, you would mark it as lost in the ‘ find my’ website. We would not be able to write a document for this. 

We do not include addresses or the IMEI on the receipt, however it states all there required information. 

The insureance company says if I bought my phone from Apple store Apple should black list my iphone.

I am stuck in this situation.

Because my stolen iphone was still not blacklisted, the thief can sell it without problem.

If anyone have similar experiences (a phone stolen and the phone was purchased from Apple Store, not the network carrier), please advice what to do and how to blacklist.

thank you.

iPhone 13 Pro, 16

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 1:59 PM

Hi thank you for your reply.

I have a SIM only monthly contract with Vodafone (my network carrier), they told me that they were unable to blacklist the device and could not provide me a proof of blacklisting, because Vodafone does not have access to blacklist handsets but Apple does.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 20, 2023 2:38 PM in response to Ottertwins

Well, they are misinformed. Apple does NOT maintain a blacklist of stolen or lost iPhone's and Apple actually told you so. If your carrier can't help you, there is nothing Apple can do. Apple has a strict policy of NOT getting involved in lost or stolen devices.

I will say this again. Carriers Blacklist cell phones. Apple does not Blacklist cell phones.

Elevate this higher with your carrier.

How can Apple blacklist my stolen iphone if I bought it from Apple Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.