Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you get notifications for new mail in inbox subfolders in the Mail app on iOS?

I've got a combination of "plus addressing" (myemail+somewebsite@mydomain.com) with my email server making a new subfolder off my inbox automatically for any plus-addressed email, using the plus-bit as the subfolder name (e.g. if I got an email to myemail+apple@mydomain.com, it would go into the "apple" folder inside my Inbox). I use this as one more way to try to identify when my email has been sold/etc and to ensure I prioritize email that I need to read over "this can be read at leisure", but I'd still like to get notifications about mail sent to subfolders. Apparently you can work around this issue by adding -all- the created folders to your favorite folder list, but that seems a bit... excessive - I'd rather have a custom box (similar to "All Inboxes") that shows that accounts inbox and all subfolders, ideally automatically including any new subfolders that get created. Is there a way to do this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 7:05 AM

Hi loktai,

We'll be glad to help. What you're describing isn't possible within Mail. You would only be able to receive notifications for new emails. If you'd prefer, you can provide feedback to Apple on this: Feedback.

Cheers.

2 replies

Can you get notifications for new mail in inbox subfolders in the Mail app on iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.