Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Antennas then and now

Have a 2017se that has a weak cellular signals in some locations

Have a 2020se that has a better signal there (still not great though)

Is this due to the antennas in the newer phone?

OR

perhaps the exact BANDs in the phones?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 6:53 PM

"Antennas then and now: Have a 2017se that has a weak cellular signals in some locations Have a 2020se that has a better signal there (still not great though) Is this due to the antennas in the newer phone? OR perhaps the exact BANDs in the phones?"

-------

iPhone Inconsitencies:

I take it you are living in a rural area. Both iPhone work off of up to 5G. If there is no 5G, then it's only going to work with what is available to you. So, I'd says its a hardware failure, given it is the same provider, used in the same location. As more-and-more people move about, Cellular services will of their part in making service available.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 6:53 PM in response to icwvx

"Antennas then and now: Have a 2017se that has a weak cellular signals in some locations Have a 2020se that has a better signal there (still not great though) Is this due to the antennas in the newer phone? OR perhaps the exact BANDs in the phones?"

-------

iPhone Inconsitencies:

I take it you are living in a rural area. Both iPhone work off of up to 5G. If there is no 5G, then it's only going to work with what is available to you. So, I'd says its a hardware failure, given it is the same provider, used in the same location. As more-and-more people move about, Cellular services will of their part in making service available.

Antennas then and now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.