Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

folders in launchpad

I am not able to create folders in launchpad since my last update...

Anyone having similar issues...

Mac Studio M1

Mac Studio, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 6:57 PM

mldbent wrote:

Thanks, not my first rodeo...

Even existing folders won't accept icons...

You can still move them around the screen but that's all...

Mac Studio, macOS 13.2

I have never used LaunchPad— I tried on your behalf and had no issue...

You can trouble shoot further:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot  as normal and test.  Caches get rebuilt automatically

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode. 

Can you verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes,  security updates  is macOS Ventura 13.2.1  

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

macOS 13.2.1 (22D68)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 6:57 PM in response to mldbent

mldbent wrote:

Thanks, not my first rodeo...

Even existing folders won't accept icons...

You can still move them around the screen but that's all...

Mac Studio, macOS 13.2

I have never used LaunchPad— I tried on your behalf and had no issue...

You can trouble shoot further:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot  as normal and test.  Caches get rebuilt automatically

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode. 

Can you verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes,  security updates  is macOS Ventura 13.2.1  

macOS 13.2.1 (22D68)

Mar 20, 2023 9:40 PM in response to mldbent

mldbent wrote:

Yes it is 13.2.1

In system preferences the "Control Center" functions and "General" functions will not allow anything to be changed under those sections.

I have rebooted 2 times and nothing seems to change...

If it works in Safeboot, but not your user account— it tells you that you have installed third party software that is interfering.

The most common are  Antivirus, Cleaners, Optimizers, VPN, speeder uppers....all known to cause issues on the macOS.

uninstall any or all those third party apps and compare your results.

If you are still at a loss—You can get a good look at your User/System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com  

If you still need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

folders in launchpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.