Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod lagging

There's a lag/delay when playing music on both HomePod and HomePod mini. The music cuts out or stops playing like a couple of time during ONE song. I have a Sonos speaker located nearby without any issues. And my Wi-Fi is top notch.

There's also a delay when skipping song or starting new song. It feels like 5 second "loading" when playing a new song. I use Spotify.

Ridiculous. Fix or return.

HomePod (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 11:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 12:10 AM

Great. I though the issue was related to Spotify. But that isn't the case if you have the same with movies. I guess apple arent there yet regarding speakers. Return and wait a couple of years until they fix basic functions like playing sound...

3 replies

Mar 23, 2023 2:46 AM in response to nils66

Weirdly enough, it only happens when watching a movie (whether it’s on a streaming Platform or on Apple TV) ; I tried to restart both my MacBook and my speakers and it sadly seems to have no impact on that.

The problem is fairly recent. I’ve been using them (the speakers) for almost a year now, and I’ve encountered that problem only a week or two ago.

I am sure the will fix that soon.

HomePod lagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.