Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages disappearing on new 14 plus

I just got my 14 plus and it’s not allowing my to read new messages. They come up as notifications, they are in the list (so I can read the first 2 lines) but when I go to open the text it’s blank. None of my massages from that individual appear. Then it’s gone from my list of messages.

this only seems to apply to certain contacts. And I have no idea if they’re getting the texts I send.

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 4:56 AM

Hey there,

This will be unexpected behavior if your contact doesn’t “ undo send “ the messages, if you sure that they didn’t do that , Try this steps: Restart your iPhone , and Update your iPhone if there is an update available , also try to restart the iMessage, go to settings > message > iMessage > -turn it off and then turn back on.

if all of that doesn’t help, Contact Apple Support for further help.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 4:56 AM in response to sgirlfab

Hey there,

This will be unexpected behavior if your contact doesn’t “ undo send “ the messages, if you sure that they didn’t do that , Try this steps: Restart your iPhone , and Update your iPhone if there is an update available , also try to restart the iMessage, go to settings > message > iMessage > -turn it off and then turn back on.

if all of that doesn’t help, Contact Apple Support for further help.

Text messages disappearing on new 14 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.