Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iPhone locking when at Home

When at my Home location, how do I keep my iPhone on auto-unlock? I've tried creating a new Automation for this, but I cannot find the "Auto-Lock" setting when creating this automation. Anyone else have a solution?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 6:09 AM

For security reasons, this cannot be done completely automatically. But if you can live with a shortcut that takes you to Auto Lock when you get home, then there is an option.

1. Open the Shotcut app

2. Select Automation at the bottom, then Create Personal Automation

3. Select Arrive, select your Home Location, and tap Next

4. Select "Add action" From here, search for the "URL" action and then select it

5. In URL, type this address: prefs:root=DISPLAY&path=AUTOLOCK

6. Then, from the actions list, search for and add the “Open URLs” action

Done. When you get home, an automation will ask if you want to open Auto Lock, from there you can choose Never so that your iPhone doesn't lock. I know you were hoping for a better solution, but this is the closest I can get right now.

Alternatively. Then you can set Auto Lock to Never. Then use Low Power Mode as your "daily setting" - then your iPhone will lock after 30 seconds. Then you can create an automation that deactivates Low Power Mode when you get home, and in that way sets Auto Lock to Never.

The disadvantage of Low Power Mode is that, background app updates are disabled, as well as several things.

You can read more about Low Power Mode here:

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 6:09 AM in response to KDowney23

For security reasons, this cannot be done completely automatically. But if you can live with a shortcut that takes you to Auto Lock when you get home, then there is an option.

1. Open the Shotcut app

2. Select Automation at the bottom, then Create Personal Automation

3. Select Arrive, select your Home Location, and tap Next

4. Select "Add action" From here, search for the "URL" action and then select it

5. In URL, type this address: prefs:root=DISPLAY&path=AUTOLOCK

6. Then, from the actions list, search for and add the “Open URLs” action

Done. When you get home, an automation will ask if you want to open Auto Lock, from there you can choose Never so that your iPhone doesn't lock. I know you were hoping for a better solution, but this is the closest I can get right now.

Alternatively. Then you can set Auto Lock to Never. Then use Low Power Mode as your "daily setting" - then your iPhone will lock after 30 seconds. Then you can create an automation that deactivates Low Power Mode when you get home, and in that way sets Auto Lock to Never.

The disadvantage of Low Power Mode is that, background app updates are disabled, as well as several things.

You can read more about Low Power Mode here:

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Mar 21, 2023 5:54 AM in response to KDowney23

Hello KDowney23!

I can help you turn Auto-Lock OFF.

Please go to Settings > Display & Brightness. Now, scroll down until you see Auto-Lock. Please tap on it.

Now, to turn Auto-Lock OFF, please tap “Never”. This means, your iPhone will “Never” Auto-Lock. Please make sure there is a blue check mark “✔️” next to the “Never” option.

To turn it back on, simply go back and click on a time of your preference.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Disable iPhone locking when at Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.