Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Websites not loading through WiFi on iPhone

I'm having difficulty loading certain websites on my iPhone12 through WiFi. If I turn off WiFi the websites load fine through Mobile Data.

I have cleared my History Cache and Cookies, turned my WiFi router off and on, turned my phone off and on, checked that JavaScript is on…

My husband is experiencing the same issues on his iPhone 13 too.

Any ideas?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 10:55 AM

Hi Fansh50,

Do you use a VPN? If so, some apps or websites might be blocked, so temporarily remove or disable the VPN and test those websites out to see if they load. If you have Private Relay turned on, another way to isolate the issue is to temporarily turn the feature off to see if that helps. Here's how: About iCloud Private Relay.

"If a website doesn't work with Private Relay

If a website relies on IP filtering, monitoring, or rate-limiting, it might require your IP address to be visible. You can turn off Private Relay temporarily for that website only.

To temporarily allow a website to see your IP address:*

• iPhone or iPad: Tap the Page Settings button , then tap Show IP Address.
  • Mac: In Safari, choose View > Reload and Show IP Address.

* If you don't see the option to temporarily allow a website to see your IP address, update your device to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS, and try again.

If a network doesn't work with Private Relay

Private Relay can be turned on or off just for a specific network using the Limit IP Address Tracking setting.*

If Private Relay has been turned off for a specific network, you can try turning it back on in Wi-Fi, Cellular Data Options, or Network settings. If you regularly switch between multiple network configurations, such as Dual SIM or Wi-Fi and Ethernet, make sure that this setting is set for each network independently. 

If you turn off Private Relay for a specific network, the setting for that network applies to all your devices for which Private Relay is turned on.

* In earlier versions of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, this setting is called iCloud Private Relay.

Turn off Private Relay for a specific network on your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings, then tap Wi-Fi.
  2. Next to the Wi-Fi network, tap the More Info button  . 
  3. Scroll down and tap Limit IP Address Tracking.

Or for cellular networks, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options, and tap Limit IP Address Tracking."

If you need more help, reply with the answers to these questions:

• What happens when you try to access the webpages? Are the pages blank, do you see an error message, or does something else happen?

• What's the exact iOS version the affected devices are running?

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 10:55 AM in response to Fansh50

Hi Fansh50,

Do you use a VPN? If so, some apps or websites might be blocked, so temporarily remove or disable the VPN and test those websites out to see if they load. If you have Private Relay turned on, another way to isolate the issue is to temporarily turn the feature off to see if that helps. Here's how: About iCloud Private Relay.

"If a website doesn't work with Private Relay

If a website relies on IP filtering, monitoring, or rate-limiting, it might require your IP address to be visible. You can turn off Private Relay temporarily for that website only.

To temporarily allow a website to see your IP address:*

• iPhone or iPad: Tap the Page Settings button , then tap Show IP Address.
  • Mac: In Safari, choose View > Reload and Show IP Address.

* If you don't see the option to temporarily allow a website to see your IP address, update your device to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS, and try again.

If a network doesn't work with Private Relay

Private Relay can be turned on or off just for a specific network using the Limit IP Address Tracking setting.*

If Private Relay has been turned off for a specific network, you can try turning it back on in Wi-Fi, Cellular Data Options, or Network settings. If you regularly switch between multiple network configurations, such as Dual SIM or Wi-Fi and Ethernet, make sure that this setting is set for each network independently. 

If you turn off Private Relay for a specific network, the setting for that network applies to all your devices for which Private Relay is turned on.

* In earlier versions of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, this setting is called iCloud Private Relay.

Turn off Private Relay for a specific network on your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings, then tap Wi-Fi.
  2. Next to the Wi-Fi network, tap the More Info button  . 
  3. Scroll down and tap Limit IP Address Tracking.

Or for cellular networks, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options, and tap Limit IP Address Tracking."

If you need more help, reply with the answers to these questions:

• What happens when you try to access the webpages? Are the pages blank, do you see an error message, or does something else happen?

• What's the exact iOS version the affected devices are running?

Regards.

Websites not loading through WiFi on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.