Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

DASDelegateService.cpu_resource analytics data

Just browsed my analytics data on iPhone 13 Pro today and noticed that in November 2022 I had several analytics on iOS 16.1.1 with title DASDelegateService.cpu_resource. It's hard to find something on the Internet about it, but all what I found is somehow related to the hacking. Loosing my mind today because my iPhone could be hacked. Any ideas what can it be or how to find more information?

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 9:18 PM

I just came across this article talking about a secret government surveillance program called Data Analytical Services (DAS). Which could explain we have this on our analytics. Here is some more information about it.

The sketchy surveillance system allows "federal, state, local and Tribal law enforcement agencies to request searches of trillions of U.S. phone records, usually without warrants." The letter was first reported by WIRED, which also analyzed a White House memo revealing details of the Data Analytical Services (DAS) program, formerly known as the Hemisphere Project.

The White House reportedly injected $6 million into the program, but in secrecy, despite the fact that the program was not a "classified project" from a national security perspective. However, according to Senator Wyden, all records of the surveillance program were put behind the "Law Enforcement Sensitive" protection to ensure that they never make it to public knowledge.

Hope this helps

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2023 9:18 PM in response to mtoplit

I just came across this article talking about a secret government surveillance program called Data Analytical Services (DAS). Which could explain we have this on our analytics. Here is some more information about it.

The sketchy surveillance system allows "federal, state, local and Tribal law enforcement agencies to request searches of trillions of U.S. phone records, usually without warrants." The letter was first reported by WIRED, which also analyzed a White House memo revealing details of the Data Analytical Services (DAS) program, formerly known as the Hemisphere Project.

The White House reportedly injected $6 million into the program, but in secrecy, despite the fact that the program was not a "classified project" from a national security perspective. However, according to Senator Wyden, all records of the surveillance program were put behind the "Law Enforcement Sensitive" protection to ensure that they never make it to public knowledge.

Hope this helps

Nov 11, 2023 7:18 AM in response to kb1951

Your statement is an old wives tale: both fantasy and patently false. Even Apple tech support attempts to assist with potential hacks. I’m hacked. Mine is just too complicated for them. My hack is for spying only and it’s targeted. Apple can’t help with that and can only advise what I already know which is to backup, wipe and clean install everything I own.

Sadly, I most likely have to buy all new equipment and hand over what I currently own to law enforcement. Again. This is resistant to factory reset if the past has any informative value and the idea of identifying the person or persons responsible remains a goal.

You must stop spewing this nearly cult-like ancient fantasy that Apple products can’t and aren’t hacked, like a child worshipping at the throne of Reddit. Read an industry paper. Educate yourself. Hacks and other attacks occur constantly and zero days and other vulnerabilities whether carried out on entities or not are proven all the time. Even publicly.

This nearly religious attachment to a false belief doesn’t belong in a factual forum.

Here is just ONE example of an exploited security vulnerability that was openly admitted by Apple, to help release you of your misconceptions about the impossibility of a hack on a non-jailbroken Apple product (and I wish you well in your ongoing Apple education) -

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-update-iphone-security-ios-14-4/

Apr 30, 2023 12:47 PM in response to mtoplit

mtoplit wrote:

Actually it can and there are a lot of cases world-wide when iPhone is hacked, iOS 16.2 fixed over 30 Security Vulnerabilities and who knows how much else there are. It's just much more unlikely comparing to other phones. Would be nice if someone from apple respond if this log is OK or regular user could check if they also had this analytics.

Also you've said Apple technicians with the software to decode it can check it. Will they be able to say if it is any risk of hacking?

Please don’t post nonsense, and your figures are totally wrong and meaningless.

And this is a user-to-user forum; no one from Apple will respond here. If you want to discuss it with Apple use the Support link at the top and bottom of this form.

And, as KB1951 said, analytics are totally meaningless to mere mortals like us, or to anyone who does not have the iOS data dictionary and the AI software that analyzes logs.

Mar 21, 2023 8:03 AM in response to kb1951

Actually it can and there are a lot of cases world-wide when iPhone is hacked, iOS 16.2 fixed over 30 Security Vulnerabilities and who knows how much else there are. It's just much more unlikely comparing to other phones. Would be nice if someone from apple respond if this log is OK or regular user could check if they also had this analytics.

Also you've said Apple technicians with the software to decode it can check it. Will they be able to say if it is any risk of hacking?

Feb 13, 2024 3:04 AM in response to mtoplit

this just shows up in my analytics that yesterday that I have to search by date because all of a sudden they post on the regular board since three days ag…🤨🙄

GRDBInternal

Powerstats for: DASDelegateService (DASDelegateService)

UUID: 6E33CA6E-3DA3-3A06-9ABE-A18A7FC6678E

Path: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DASDelegate.framework/XPCServices/DASDelegateService.xpc/DASDelegateService

Identifier: com.apple.DASDelegateService

Version: 1.0 (1)

Resource Coalition ID: 810

On Behalf Of: 4 samples UNKNOWN [30]

Architecture: arm64e

Start time: 2024-02-11 10:05:23.205 -0600

End time: 2024-02-11 10:05:31.245 -0600

Num samples: 4 (5%)

with things like this-

Binary Images:

0x1005dc000 - ??? com.apple.intelligenceplatform.IntelligencePlatformComputeService 1.0 (123.2.8) <D02691A6-410A-3DA4-

and Binary Images:

0x1028a0000 - ??? com.apple.DASDelegateService 1.0 (1) <6E33CA6E-3DA3-3A06-9ABE-A18A7FC6678E> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DASDelegate.framework/XPCServices/DASDelegateService.xpc/DASDelegateService

0x18f2b0000 - 0x18f2fdfe0 libobjc.A.dylib <FE61505C-F2A9-3F78-B709-647D1097A06A> /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

NOW COME ON????

Nov 12, 2023 4:14 PM in response to tazikigirl

tazikigirl, after reading your post that describes your ‘hack issue’, I recognize that you have a similar situation as mine:

my phone was snatched by my supposed best friend and spyware/phone duplication program was installed on it, then my phone magically reappeared in my bed pillow.

Out the blue I received this text:

Roger is the one who snatched my 13.

I am not very tech savvy. Can you please tell me what is the starting point to regain my opsec. Also, our xfinity wifi is totally compromised.

I know you cant fix it, but if you or anyone else could tell me the basic starting step(s) I would be very grateful. I have many, many items to sell from my home in an ecommerce model. I currently cannot get anything sold as a result. The main culprit is my ex-wife who I divorced at the millennium. She has enlisted the dude that received the above text and orher old ‘friends’. Using ‘reface’ to create horrific videos in which i am the starring role, then send them to my contacts.

Also, placing a variety of mites and worms where i will be attacked by them. I’m losing this battle badly.

Thanks for any advice. J

[Edited by Moderator]

Sep 23, 2023 2:44 PM in response to mtoplit

I found this which might help.

https://inapl.com/blog/portfolio-item/connected-data-analysis-service-das/

"DAS has been built using the latest application design concepts & contains functionality that satisfies all requirements of a user viewer application."

It's a bit out of my field, but I get the impression this type of application could potentially present a security vulnerability, or at a bare minimum give rise to the legitimate concern.

Oct 1, 2023 10:26 AM in response to kb1951

you must work for Apple. brainwashed into always telling everyone iphones cant be hacked. I assure you, if someone snatches your iphone, has your apple password, thay can download a program(s) that will dupe your phone onto their phone. My 13 is currently in that exact state. The following text message popped up on my phone because the sender did not know that my phone was duped. The dude who duped my phone received this text, and so did I:

“Hey Roger. This is Ian. Carol Simpson’s son. I’m interested in doing set design as a career and my mom told me your daughter does it. Was hoping to get her number so I could ask her some questions about it. Thanks”

The sender was not aware of the breached opsec, so did not know to how to prevent the text from hitting my phone. So spare us all your junk company ‘language’. I just blew it out of the water.

Mar 19, 2024 10:25 AM in response to kb1951

My iphone can and is being hacked. A couple things Ive discovered that seemingly help...get a dual SIM phone....make sure you have control of both IMEI numbers on the phone. From what i can deduct these evil people are either cloning the phone or somehow taking control of the second IMEI, possibly under the guise that the second imei is being used for a work account, thus giving them access to the contents of your phone. This will allow them to forward your calls, steal authentication codes and everything. So all the support reps you thought you were talking to are probably not really from said companies.

Mar 19, 2024 10:52 AM in response to mtoplit

Hey guys my phone can and is being hacked. The only solution ive found to be of any help thus far was to get a dual SIM phone. From what i can deduct these psychopath hackers are getting control of our phones through the second imei numbers on the devices. Im unsure if this is due to the fact that they are cloning the phones or if they are adding work profiles to them thus allowing full access to the device. If you add another plan and number to the other imei then then they should both be accessible to you, right? If you lose that access than at least you can say hey, whats up, and documentation should be produced as a result. The only other piece of advice I have is to download your google takeout reports, i was able to identify the person torturing me because the company domain name was littered throughout the report, in relation to my personal private gmail address. I obtained those documents at the beginning of this catastrophe and they were altered/ deleted, and or made inaccessible to me.....and if youd like to know just how far these peoples reach goes...listen to this. Because of the fact that i knew that anything available on any of my wifi, bluetooth capable devices was not safe i bought several disposable cameras took pictures of this very important info and then took them to walgreens to get them developed and guess what i received back? A bunch of useless, blurred, unreadable pictures without any relevant info. This happened with 4 cameras! What are the chances? This was Walgreens pharmacy in Chehalis Wa! Quick question, how many of you guys workd remotely? There may be some there there. The next person that breaks into my car, residence, or any other part of our property will be contended with.

Mar 28, 2024 10:15 AM in response to tazikigirl

Well said tazikigirl. More people need to do exactly what you did right here.

We can see right through it after dealing with it long enough but the time waisted because of these guys trying to beatback information is disgusting.

Be very weary of anybody that says not to worry about your security. If they don’t know you and they’re not providing a full analysis they have no right.

[Edited by Moderator]

DASDelegateService.cpu_resource analytics data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.