Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The option to SYNC LIBRARY in the Music app is not available on Mac or iPhone

My Music library is not syncing (on WiFi) between my iPhone and Mac. Both devices show the same Apple ID.

The option/check box to SYNC LIBRARY does not show up in my iPhone app or in Music on my Mac as shown here: (from an Apple Support thread re: Sync Library).

This is what I see on my Mac:

My iPhone is similar - there is no option to select SYNC LIBRARY.

I am NOT subscribed to Apple Music. Is this a requirment to sync my music library?

When I connect to my Mac with a Lightning Cable, then I have an option to sync but I still don't see the app menu options show above (and in the support threads on this forum) in either the Mac or iPhone.

My iCloud syncs my files between devices and Photos, Mail, Messages, etc. all sync between devices (if that provides any additional info).

How do I correct that???

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air M1 Ventura 13.2.1

iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.3.1

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 12:53 PM

The Sync Library option you are referring to will only appear if you subscribe to Apple Music. You do not have to subscribe to Apple Music to sync the music in the library of your Mac to your iPhone. With Mac OS Catalina or later, you now use the Finder to sync your library (without an Apple Music subscription). Follow these steps instead:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 12:53 PM in response to Ranger473

The Sync Library option you are referring to will only appear if you subscribe to Apple Music. You do not have to subscribe to Apple Music to sync the music in the library of your Mac to your iPhone. With Mac OS Catalina or later, you now use the Finder to sync your library (without an Apple Music subscription). Follow these steps instead:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

The option to SYNC LIBRARY in the Music app is not available on Mac or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.