Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding an email to iphone

I just have gmail on my iphone and want to add my main email account. My main email address is also my apple ID so when I went to add it, it told me that that was already taken and couldn't be added.. How can I navigate through this to add my main email to my phone? iphone 12 w/current O.S. updates

iPhone 12, 16

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 6:03 AM

Are you using the same Apple ID that you iCloud Mail is associated with?

If you go to SettingsApple IDiCloud and activate Mail in the list, and it asks you to create a new iCloud Mail, then your main iCloud Mail is not part of your Apple ID. If your iCloud Mail is part of your Apple ID, then your mail account should already be set up for your iCloud inside the Mail app.

If you want to add your main iCloud Mail, do it here:

SettingsMailAccountsAdd Account → select iCloud

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 6:03 AM in response to corlis2687

Are you using the same Apple ID that you iCloud Mail is associated with?

If you go to SettingsApple IDiCloud and activate Mail in the list, and it asks you to create a new iCloud Mail, then your main iCloud Mail is not part of your Apple ID. If your iCloud Mail is part of your Apple ID, then your mail account should already be set up for your iCloud inside the Mail app.

If you want to add your main iCloud Mail, do it here:

SettingsMailAccountsAdd Account → select iCloud

adding an email to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.